Most travel insurance policies generally exclude cover for pre-existing medical conditions such as HIV but it is possible to get cover from some specialist insurance companies that provide cover to people with HIV.
Hello – my name is Kevin Waite and It’s So Easy Travel Insurance is my company. When you make an enquiry or book on the phone, it’s more than likely it will be me, personally, you speak to. I have worked in the HIV field for over 20 years. Starting as a volunteer when London Lighthouse was a building site (then to become Europe’s largest HIV/AIDS centre), I went on to establish the Welfare Service. It’s So Easy Travel Insurance is not owned by any other insurance company. You can therefore be sure that your confidential information is not going to be passed around within a group of insurers and potentially damage your prospects of obtaining other types of insurance. Many hospitals, clinics and other HIV charities recommend the It’s So Easy Travel Insurance policy. For a quote, just call +44845 222 2226 or click the online quote and book link
. Even if you’re travelling only twice in the next 12 months, it could work out more economical for you to obtain our annual, multi-trip policy. You will have my personal attention and if you have any questions, just ask – that’s why I’m here.
Key Features of our policy:
- Up to £5 millon for medical expenses (including HIV related medical conditions)
- Repatriation to the EU (if necessary by air ambulance and with a nurse or doctor in attendance)
- Additional hospital benefits
- Up to £3,000 for cancellation or curtailment
- Up to £1,500 for loss of baggage or personal items
- Cover for delayed or missed departure
- Cover for loss of your passport
- Scuba diving to 30m and cover for equipment automatically included
- Many other activites automatically included
- Option to include other, higher risk activities
- Option to include winter sports
- Up to £2 million for personal liability
- If your medication is lost or stolen, we will pay for a repeat prescription of medication to be couriered to you within 24 hours (costs met up to £250)
- Single item limit cover increased to £250
- Optional extra to extend cover for higher value electronic and computer equipment to £400
- The age limit for annual, multi-trip policies has been increased to 69
- Most prices have been frozen for a second year running
Access IAMAT’s International Network of Fully Licensed, English Speaking Doctors
Even though you have taken all the precautionary steps to ensure a healthy trip, getting sick away from home is a daunting experience. Our role is to help relieve some of the stress and to provide moral support from afar by coordinating highly qualified healthcare services for independent travellers in need of medical care during their trip. With IAMAT membership, you can access our affiliated clinics and doctors around the world.
IAMAT affiliated doctors and clinics participate in our growing network because they are committed to assisting travellers. Our doctors are fully licensed, have received post-graduate training in a developed country, and are fluent in English. They also agree to care for travellers based on IAMAT’s set consultation rates.
IAMAT updates the Medical Directory annually and regularly inspects and reviews affiliated clinics based on international health standards.
IAMAT affiliated doctors will:
- Consult a IAMAT member in need of medical attention
- Make referrals to specialists in all fields of medicine
- Provide medical reports if required
- Report to your own doctor
- Make house / hotel calls or night calls
- Provide consultations on Sundays or local holidays
IAMAT Consultation Rates
- Regular office / Clinic calls = US$100
- House / Hotel calls = US$150
- Night calls (from 9:00pm to 9:00am) = US$150
- Sundays and local holidays = US$170
These fees do not apply to laboratory procedures such as blood tests, ECGs, X-rays, surgical procedures, hospitalization or any other expenses incurred.
If you need urgent medical attention, contact the participating IAMAT doctor or clinic in your area to make an appointment. Once the consultation is done, you pay our affiliated physician directly based on the IAMAT set fees.
Emails, websites, and mobile numbers are also provided on http://www.iamat.org/